National Liberal Club
Founded in 1882 by William Ewart Gladstone, the National Liberal Club exists to provide the very best club facilities for relaxing and entertaining in the heart of London, for members whose interests vary from liberal politics to the liberal arts. The club remains completely independent of any party, but as the name implies, continues to be closely identified with the Liberal tradition, and Liberals worldwide.
It was one of London's first major gentlemen's clubs to admit women as full members; and from its launch in the 1880s it was unusual in embracing a diverse range of members of many different ethnic, social and religious backgrounds. Overlooking the Thames, with "the most splendid terrace in London", the club is within easy reach of Whitehall, the West End, the City and Theatreland. The club is blessed with an extraordinary building by noted Victorian architect Alfred Waterhouse, and is also conveniently situated for underground and mainline stations which are close by. Members also enjoy access to an extensive worldwide network of over 150 hand-picked reciprocal clubs in over 30 different countries.