The Piedmont Club
Since its foundation, The Piedmont Club has been committed to its goal of providing great food and excellent service in comfortable surroundings. The Board of Governors has remained committed to preserving this goal and meeting the needs of the members throughout periods of growth and change.
The organization of The Piedmont Club developed out of Walter Montgomery’s desire to meet the needs of the growing number of businessmen who were drawn to Spartanburg by the booming textile industry. They needed a nice place to stay with good food. Mrs. Eloise Montgomery Barnwell and Victor Montgomery, Jr. offered the use of the house, and thus The Piedmont Club was founded at a meeting of ten original sponsors on June 5, 1941.